Gelish was founded in 2009 by Danny Haile. Danny is a veteran and known for his works with acrylic products
Gelish took the world by storm with its premium nail products. Gelish was the first-ever brand to invent gel polishes that were so easy to use. Gelish’s products include Gel Polishes, Gelish Dip Powder, kits, etc.
Gelish is a well-known gel polish brand for nail polish lovers and professionals working at salons alike. Gelish has a pretty good reputation because of its reliable products.
But the question is whether Gelish is a cruelty-free and vegan-friendly brand or not? Let’s dig a little deeper and find out.
Is Gelish Cruelty-Free?
Gelish clearly states on its official website that it is a 100% cruelty-free brand. It does not test its products on animals nor the ingredients used in its products are tested on animals.
It does not allow its supplier or third parties to test its products on animals on its behalf too. If Gelish is cruelty-free and does not allow animal testing then it cannot sell its products in countries where animal testing is required by law.
Gelish is PETA Approved.
Gelish is approved by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) as a cruelty-free brand. It means that now Gelish can not test its products on animals. It can not allow other parties to test on its behalf too.
However, it does not mean that Gelish never conducted animal tests in the past. It may have tested its products on animals in the past but Gelish can not do so in the future. It must stick to the standards now.
PETA approval makes it easier for us to trust its statement of being a cruelty-free brand that does not support animal testing and we can use Gelish products without hesitation.
PETA is the largest animal rights organization in the world that is working for the rights of helpless animals. A number of animals are tortured and have to suffer immense pain just for the sake of cosmetics.
PETA is a trusted animal rights organization and Gelish is proud to be identified by PETA.
Is Gelish a Vegan-Friendly Brand?
Fortunately, yes. Gelish is a vegan-friendly brand. Gelish Polygeldoes do not contain any animal-derived ingredients. It is confirmed by the brand itself on its official website. All of its products are clean.
It is hard to find a brand that is both cruelty-free and vegan especially nail products. There are not many nail polish brands that are cruelty-free and offer vegan-friendly products.
Is Gelish an Ethical Brand?
Toxins found in gel polishes are bad not only for your health but also for the environment. Gel polish can be the reason for nail brittleness and cracking. Also, continuous use might even increase the risk of skin cancer.
You might have no idea how your manicure is affecting your health and planet. It does harm to the planet in more ways than you can imagine. The environmental consequences of using nail polishes are quite bad.
It is still unclear if Gelish is truly an ethical brand. Its policies are also not disclosed to the public to determine if it is ethical. It leaves us wondering if Gelish is taking any significant steps to protect the planet or save society.
However, Gelish is free of three of the most hazardous chemicals that are formaldehyde, toluene, and dibutyl phthalate which cause the most harm to the land.
What Makes Gelish Customers Favorite?
Aside from being a cruelty-free and vegan brand, Gelish has many qualities that make it clients and professionals’ favorite. Let’s take a quick look at them and find out.
- Its formula is odorless.
- It is monomer free.
- It is 7 free. There are 7 formula toxic chemicals found in nail polishes. These are formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate, toluene, formaldehyde resin, xylene, camphor, and ethyl tosylamide.
- It is light and you won’t even realize you are wearing enhancements.
- it lasts for almost 3 weeks.
- There is no annoying chipping or peeling.
- It is easy to apply than other hard gels.
- It cures in thirty seconds in a LED lamp. It takes up to 2 minutes in traditional UV lamps.
- Gelish soak-off gel polish can soak off in almost 10 to 20 minutes.
- It does not cause much damage to your nails as compared to other low-quality nail polishes available in stores.
- Gelish has a wide collection of different colors and you are most likely to find your favorite color at Gelish.
- You can easily remove it at home.
- Gelish offers a synthetic brush restorer that can revive brushes by maintaining their shapes and bristles.
- There are a few more tools and accessories you can find at Gelish that are quite useful andcan help you perfect your manicure.
- There is no airborne dust.
- It can be used at home if you don’t want to go salon.