Chicago is home to some of the best thrift stores in the country, offering a wide range of budget-friendly finds for the whole family. From vintage clothes and accessories to furniture and one-of-a-kind treasures, the city has something for everyone. While there are plenty of Goodwill thrift stores in Chicago, there are also many unique thrift shops that cannot be found elsewhere.
Let’s Change Resale Shoppe, located in Humboldt Park, is consistently recognized as one of the best thrift stores in the Chicago suburbs. They offer new and gently used clothes, shoes, accessories, small furniture pieces, home decor, and vintage items. All donations and proceeds support humanitarian efforts through the organization Army of the Kind, which helps children in need in countries like Peru and Burkina Faso with clean water, nutrition, medicine, shelter, and more.
WHY GO THRIFTING IN CHICAGO?
Chicago is a city that boasts an eclectic range of thrift stores, offering high-quality and unique finds for bargain-hunters and fashion enthusiasts alike. By opting for thrifting, shoppers can play a part in reducing textile waste and supporting the slow fashion movement.
Chicago’s recycling program diverts 2.5 million pounds of used clothing and shoes from landfills annually, but there is still a need for more sustainable practices. Thrift stores in Chicago offer a solution to this problem, with a vast selection of gently used clothing, shoes, accessories, furniture, home goods, toys, and collectibles.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON THE BEST CHICAGO THRIFT STORES
Chicago has a wide range of thrift stores that cater to all styles and budgets. Here are some of the best thrift stores in Chicago that offer an excellent selection of vintage clothing, antique furniture, homeware, and handmade goods:
- Brown Elephant: This nonprofit thrift store has multiple locations throughout the city and offers a well-organized selection of clothing, accessories, and home decor at affordable prices. The proceeds from sales go towards supporting LGBTQ health and wellness programs.
- The Salvation Army Family Store: This thrift store chain has several locations in Chicago and offers a diverse range of clothing, furniture, and home goods at reasonable prices. The proceeds from sales go towards supporting the organization’s social services programs.
- Village Discount Outlet: This thrift store chain has multiple locations in Chicago and offers a vast selection of clothing, shoes, and accessories at unbeatable prices. The stores are well-organized and offer a mix of vintage and contemporary items.
- Goodwill: This thrift store chain has several locations in Chicago and offers a wide selection of gently used clothing, shoes, and accessories at affordable prices. The proceeds from sales go towards supporting the organization’s job training and employment programs.
- Unique Thrift Store: This thrift store chain has several locations in Chicago and offers an eclectic range of clothing, accessories, furniture, and home goods at unbeatable prices. The stores are well-organized and offer a mix of vintage and contemporary items.
Overall, thrift stores in Chicago offer a unique shopping experience with one-of-a-kind finds and affordable prices. By shopping at these stores, shoppers can support sustainable fashion and reduce textile waste while discovering hidden gems and unique pieces.